Please click HERE to view a letter from our Business Manager, Bill Kurtz, regarding COVID-19 & updates on the Union Hall. Thank you.
Click HERE to view the CBA Voting Rules, Info & OPTIONS!
MARCH UNION MEETING & CBA VOTE
The regular union meeting for March 24th will be cancelled. The CBA & raise allocation vote will a MAIL-IN BALLOT. The ballots should be mailed out by the end of March. Please return the filled out ballot by mail no later than April 10th. Any ballot received after April 10th will NOT be counted.
ELIGIBLE TO VOTE: 4th & 5th year Apprentices, Journeymen & Retirees.
~ Officers, Conference Board & Staff of UA Local 13 ~
UA Local #13 is committed to the health & safety of our members, staff & community. Please read the following updates & make sure you are following protocol.
- APPRENTICES: All apprenticeship classes are suspended until further notice. This includes regularly scheduled classes & open welding. For continuity; please EMAIL John Carpenter at email@example.com.
- UNEMPLOYMENT LIST: If you get laid off, DO NOT COME TO THE HALL TO SIGN THE BOOK. Please CALL Jim Caternolo at (585) 355-2244 or the main line, (585) 338-2360 ext. 113. Jim will then write your name on the list for you.
- MARCH UNION MEETING & CBA VOTE: The regular union meeting for March 24th will be cancelled. The CBA vote will still take place. Voting will be open from 3:00pm-6:00pm & will be a drop-box vote style. (Please see other post for specific voting explanation & options.) April’s union meeting will be discussed later.
- JOB SITE SHUTDOWNS: If your job gets shut down due to COVID-19 & your contractor does not have any work available, please call Jim Caternolo OR Bill Kurtz. Unemployment Insurance is going to waive the one-week waiting period. You can call immediately; they are working on raising the rate.
- VISITING THE HALL: The Union Hall will be open from 8:00am – 4:00pm until further notice. PLEASE CALL BEFORE COMING IN. If it is not necessary to come to the hall, please do your best to complete your business via phone/email. Appointments will be limited.
- The front door will be LOCKED until further notice. If no one is at the front desk, please use your phone to call the main line (585) 338-2360 to be let in.
- RETIREES: We are asking that ALL RETIREES reduce visits to the union hall. There will be NO lunch in April; we will discuss May’s lunch later.
- UNION DUES: Please make every effort to CALL in your dues payment or pay online. Please do not use cash if possible!
- NEW APPLICATIONS: The monthly applications held on the 1st Tuesday of every month are currently suspended for April 7th. We will revisit the May 5th date as it gets closer.
- ROCHESTER RED WINGS: The start of baseball season has been postponed until further notice. We do NOT have access to tickets yet. We will keep you updated once we learn more.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION & UNDERSTANDING IN THESE TIMES OF UNCERTAINTY. PLEASE CONTINUE PRACTICING GOOD HYGEINE HABITS. WASH YOUR HANDS, COVER YOUR COUGH & SNEEZES.
IF YOU FEEL ILL – YOU MUST REMAIN HOME!
Any questions feel free to call or email Bill Kurtz or Jim Caternolo
Main Line: (585) 338-2360 / Bill – ext. 114 / Jim – ext. 113
Bill: (585) 766-1199 / Jim: (585) 355-2244
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
The 2020 LU13 IAP Scholarship application is now available! If you are a member in good standing & have a high school senior that is graduating this year.. have them fill out our application & return to Alana in the front office by Friday, March 13th. Any questions please call Alana at (585) 338-2360.
Click HERE for the LU13 IAP Scholarship Application!
WE NEED YOUR HELP! Every UA member knows the importance of our apprenticeship programs and how they build the best tradespeople in the industry. BUT, greedy anti-union contractors want to destroy them! See attached for more information and HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD BY the DOL NO LATER THAN AUGUST 26TH!
UA Journeymen/Retirees visit: SaveUATraining.org
UA Apprentices visit: SaveUAApprenticeships.org
Please CLICK HERE to review the NEW sexual harassment training policy & get signed up for a training ASAP!!!!! All active members will be required to have this training.