UA Local #13 is committed to the health & safety of our members, staff & community. Please read the following updates & make sure you are following protocol.
- APPRENTICES: All apprenticeship classes are suspended until further notice. This includes regularly scheduled classes & open welding. For continuity; please EMAIL John Carpenter at email@example.com.
- UNEMPLOYMENT LIST: If you get laid off, DO NOT COME TO THE HALL TO SIGN THE BOOK. Please CALL Jim Caternolo at (585) 355-2244 or the main line, (585) 338-2360 ext. 113. Jim will then write your name on the list for you.
- MARCH UNION MEETING & CBA VOTE: The regular union meeting for March 24th will be cancelled. The CBA vote will still take place. Voting will be open from 3:00pm-6:00pm & will be a drop-box vote style. (Please see other post for specific voting explanation & options.) April’s union meeting will be discussed later.
- JOB SITE SHUTDOWNS: If your job gets shut down due to COVID-19 & your contractor does not have any work available, please call Jim Caternolo OR Bill Kurtz. Unemployment Insurance is going to waive the one-week waiting period. You can call immediately; they are working on raising the rate.
- VISITING THE HALL: The Union Hall will be open from 8:00am – 4:00pm until further notice. PLEASE CALL BEFORE COMING IN. If it is not necessary to come to the hall, please do your best to complete your business via phone/email. Appointments will be limited.
- The front door will be LOCKED until further notice. If no one is at the front desk, please use your phone to call the main line (585) 338-2360 to be let in.
- RETIREES: We are asking that ALL RETIREES reduce visits to the union hall. There will be NO lunch in April; we will discuss May’s lunch later.
- UNION DUES: Please make every effort to CALL in your dues payment or pay online. Please do not use cash if possible!
- NEW APPLICATIONS: The monthly applications held on the 1st Tuesday of every month are currently suspended for April 7th. We will revisit the May 5th date as it gets closer.
- ROCHESTER RED WINGS: The start of baseball season has been postponed until further notice. We do NOT have access to tickets yet. We will keep you updated once we learn more.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION & UNDERSTANDING IN THESE TIMES OF UNCERTAINTY. PLEASE CONTINUE PRACTICING GOOD HYGEINE HABITS. WASH YOUR HANDS, COVER YOUR COUGH & SNEEZES.
IF YOU FEEL ILL – YOU MUST REMAIN HOME!
Any questions feel free to call or email Bill Kurtz or Jim Caternolo
Main Line: (585) 338-2360 / Bill – ext. 114 / Jim – ext. 113
Bill: (585) 766-1199 / Jim: (585) 355-2244Share